Wednesday, April 19, 2006

ManBrows


Today was the beginning of a strange day. W. 4th is apparently full of weirdoes, maybe it’s the IFC on the corner, or the Adult novelty store right next to the subway entrance. Whatever it is, this is a day of weird.


Walking to work a guy was hightailing after me, basically walking 2 inch. behind me. I listen to music so I couldn't hear him, nor choose to hear people. I look angry for a reason. But apparently this is an invitation for weirdoes to approach.

So, he gets my attention, I pull out an 'earbud' and he politely asks me if I generally know how to use tweezers. I think, um, are you kidding? So, trying not to belittle his question I briefly explain to him how to use tweezers, I’m all for educating people. But it did not end here. He then proceeds to ramble off in a very Woody Allenesque tone about how he made a bet with his friend, how he had to tweeze his eyebrows like a woman's (pointing to mine the whole time) and that he was embarrassed to go to a salon. (This is where I think this is NY, I can't imagine a man getting his eyebrows thinned is that out of the ordinary)

Regardless, he continues spouting out his dilemma flailing hand gestures all over the place and finally gets to the point, he says "I have some tweezers on me" "Would you be willing to do it for me" "I'll pay you for your time" and this is when I smile, tell him I have to get to work and proceed to walk away. He said thanks anyway and gave me the thumbs up. What I want to know, is how someone can casually ask a random stranger to pluck their eyebrows and then to make it seem normal, offer them money. Yeah, let me think about this one, um, no. I love this city but I don’t love other people's body hair. Ew.

Moral: Men are not educated enough about metro sexuality being norm, educate them through a serious of diagrams
It is ok for men to want to expunge dirt from their faces see below:

It is also ok for men to want to keep their dark cirles to a minimum with the use of an eye mask

No comments: